If you're new to Builder and want to learn your way around, the Builder documentation has articles that cover the basics to get you started. The following categories are based on Builder roles and permissions.
Contributors and Editors
Because Contributors don't edit layouts, they can focus on content such as copy and images. To get familiar with Builder, get up and running with the following documents:
- Left Sidebar, Visual Editor, and Topbar: These three documents give a tour of the Builder UI.
- Block Types in Builder: Learn about each kind of built-in blocks you can use
- Creating Links: Discover how to create links, including anchor links.
- Working with Images
- Editing Your Site Using the Builder Chrome Extension: Go directly into the Visual Editor from your live page to begin editing.
- Adding Comments to Your Content: Use comments to collaborate with teammates on content.
Editors also benefit from Using Layers.
To get off to a good start Designers should get acquainted with the Builder UI, its features made just for Designers, and how to apply the principles of responsive design in the Visual Editor.
To get up and running with the Builder UI with info especially useful for Designers, check out these documents:
- Getting Started: Build a responsive page in step-by-step guided tutorial series.
- Importing Figma Designs: Import your Figma designs directly into Builder. If you use Figma, check out the How to Build: Figma Importing Made Easy webinar.
- Best Practices: With a few key pointers, you can build in a way that facilitates iterating and minimizes maintenance.
- Block Types: Learn about the built-in blocks you can use in Builder.
- Working with Images: Learn about how to use images in the Visual Editor.
- Using Layers: Everything in the working area of the Visual Editor is in a Layer. Learn ways to streamline your workflow from the Layers tab.
Responsive design is integral to modern web design and anyone building web experiences benefits from understanding the basic concepts. Learn how to apply the principles of responsive design in Builder with these documents:
- Intro to Responsive Design: Learn the importance of responsive design.
- The Box Model: Get a handle on the underlying rules that determine how the browser renders elements.
- How Width Affects Layout: Covers how element width influences the way your design renders.
- Margin and Padding: Learn how to specify margin and padding so your elements have the design you intend.
- Using Alignment for Layout: Learn all about the Align features in the Style tab.
- Using Columns to Build Responsively: Use the foundational design concept of columns that is by default responsive.
- Working with Child Layouts: Learn about how to use nested blocks in fine tuning your layout.
- Using Breakpoints to Build Responsively: A responsive design maintains its integrity and usability at any screen size. Learn how to keep your design intentional on different devices.
If you're an Admin, you might have many varied responsibilities, while still maintaining access and permissions in Builder for your team.
If you need to create web experiences, make sure you check out the documents under Designer, in the previous section. In addition, as an Admin, you'll need to know about the following:
Developers have their own section of the documentation. To get started coding with Builder, check out Developing with Builder, which highlights some of the most frequently used documentation tailor made for developers.
This document laid out a roadmap to help you get the information you need to get up and running with Builder. The next step is to play with Builder and start creating with Builder's Popular Tutorials.
Need Expert help?
Reach out to us, and we will match you with a Builder expert.