With Artboard mode, you can engage with your entire Page or Section, zoom in and out, edit, and have Mobile Preview open while you work.
To enable Artboard mode:
- Open a Page or Section content entry.
- In the Visual Editor, click the Artboard icon at the center top of the Visual Editor.
- To exit Artboard mode, click the Artboard mode icon again.
The video below shows how to enable Artboard mode and engage with the Artboard UI. Written instructions are included below the video.
By default, two views open when you open Artboard mode; the editable view on the left—the Artboard—and the Mobile Preview to the right.
To Edit while in Artboard mode, use the same actions as when in the standard default Visual Editor view; for example:
- Double-click on any element in the Artboard pane to open its Edit dialogue.
- If you prefer inline text editing, toggle it on in a Text edit dialogue.
- To add blocks, drag and drop from the Insert tab.
With a touchpad, two-finger pinch to zoom in and out and two-finger drag to move the artboard. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut
Cmd/Ctrl + or
To resize the Artboard, hover over the artboard's left or right, and when the cursor changes to a horizontal arrow, drag the edge to the desired size.
As you resize the Artboard, the layout adapts to the screen size, which shows how the design displays at different viewport widths.
When you enable Artboard mode, Mobile Preview displays by default so that any changes you make are shown as they would appear on a phone. Mobile Preview isn't editable—it is only a preview that updates as you edit the Artboard.
To toggle off Mobile Preview, click the Mobile Preview icon.
Looking to hire a third party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.