You can use your BigCommerce products and categories within Builder with the BigCommerce e-commerce plugin.
The plugin provides custom types that can be used to:
- Provide products and categories as inputs for your custom code components.
- Target content based on products or categories instead of URL paths with hard-coded resource handles or IDs.
- Preview products and categories on product detail pages and inside of other content while editing.
For a general overview of what you can do with e-commerce plugins and where they fit into your site, you can check out E-commerce Plugins for Builder.
In order to enable the plugin to communicate with BigCommerce, you can create a store API account. This step will provide you with the API credentials needed to complete the plugin setup below.
For more information, check out BigCommerce's API authentication documentation.
You can install the plugin from the Integrations page by clicking Enable on the BigCommerce plugin entry.
Afterwards, click Settings to configure the plugin with your BigCommerce account information.
Completing the plugin's setup requires the following API authentication credentials from your BigCommerce API account:
- Store hash
- Access token
For more information, check out Setting Up E-commerce Plugins.
The BigCommerce plugin provides six custom types:
- BigCommerce Product, referred to as
- BigCommerce Product Preview (
- BigCommerce Products List (
- BigCommerce Category (
- BigCommerce Category Preview (
- BigCommerce Categories List (
Please refer to E-commerce Custom Types for details on the shape of each type's values.
For more information on how to use the BigCommerce plugin, please refer to our e-commerce plugin docs:
Check out the Builder GitHub repo for the plugin's source as well as instructions on how to modify or develop it.
Looking to hire a third party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.