commercetools E-commerce Plugin
You can use your commercetools products and categories within Builder with the commercetools e-commerce plugin.
The plugin provides custom types that can be used to:
- Provide products and categories as inputs for your custom code components.
- Target content based on products or categories instead of URL paths with hard-coded resource handles or IDs.
- Preview products and categories on product detail pages and inside of other content while editing.
For a general overview of what you can do with e-commerce plugins and where they fit into your site, you can check out E-commerce Plugins for Builder.
Setup within commercetools
In order to enable the plugin to communicate with commercetools, you can create an API Client within your commercetools account. This step will provide you with the configuration information needed to complete the plugin setup below.
For more information, check out commercetools' API Clients documentation.
Setup within Builder
You can install the plugin from the Integrations page by clicking Enable on the commercetools plugin entry.
Afterwards, click Settings to configure the plugin with your commercetools account information.
Completing the plugin's setup requires the following information from your commercetools API Client configuration:
- Project ID
- Client ID
- API URL
- Auth URL
- Scopes (optional)
- Locale (optional)
For more information, check out Setting Up E-commerce Plugins.
The commercetools plugin provides eight custom types:
- Commercetools Product, referred to as
- Commercetools Product Preview (
- Commercetools Product Handle (
- Commercetools Products List (
- Commercetools Category (
- Commercetools Category Preview (
- Commercetools Category Handle (
- Commercetools Categories List (
Please refer to E-commerce Custom Types for details on the shape of each type's values.
For more information on how to use the commercetools plugin, please refer to our e-commerce plugin docs:
Check out the Builder GitHub repo for the plugin's source as well as instructions on how to modify or develop it.