You can use your Elastic Path products and categories within Builder with the Elastic Path V2 e-commerce plugin.
The plugin provides custom types that can be used to:
- Provide products and categories as inputs for your custom code components.
- Target content based on products or categories instead of URL paths with hard-coded resource handles or IDs.
- Preview products and categories on product detail pages and inside of other content while editing.
For a general overview of what you can do with e-commerce plugins and where they fit into your site, you can check out E-commerce Plugins for Builder.
In order to enable the plugin to communicate with Elastic Path, you can copy your client ID from Commerce Manager. This step will provide you with the information needed to complete the plugin setup below.
For more information, check out Elastic Path's documentation.
You can install the plugin from the Integrations page by clicking Enable on the Elastic Path V2 plugin entry.
Afterwards, click Settings to configure the plugin with your Elastic Path account information.
Completing the plugin setup requires your Elastic Path client ID.
For more information, check out Setting Up E-commerce Plugins.
The Elastic Path V2 plugin provides eight custom types:
- Elasticpath Product, referred to as
- Elasticpath Product Preview (
- Elasticpath Product Handle (
- Elasticpath Products List (
- Elasticpath Category (
- Elasticpath Category Preview (
- Elasticpath Category Handle (
- Elasticpath Categories List (
Please refer to E-commerce Custom Types for details on the shape of each type's values.
For more information on how to use the Elastic Path V2 plugin, please refer to our e-commerce plugin docs:
Check out the Builder GitHub repo for the plugin's source as well as instructions on how to modify or develop it.
Looking to hire a third party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.