When you're developing and iterating on your product, you need a place to work freely while leaving your production code untouched. You might have a variety of environments such as Dev, Staging, QA, and Prod and push from one to the next as you work through the production cycle.
With Builder's environments, you can create environments to meet your company's workflow and sync environments, models, and content as needed.
To get the most out of this tutorial, you should have already have the following:
- Builder Admin permissions in a space with an Enterprise plan
By default, Builder offers three environments for Enterprise plans, which include the main environment. This means that in addition to the main environment that an Enterprise plan starts with, you can create two more.
If you'd like to add more than two environments to bring your total environment count beyond three, contact your Account Executive, email email@example.com, or reach out to us through our contact form.
- Go to Account Settings.
- On the Environments tab, click the + New Environment button.
- In the dialogue that opens, enter a name for the new Environment.
- Click Create Environment. You can close the Creating your new environment notification as the process runs in the background. When the environment is ready, the Synced status changes to Completed.
- Click Enter to go into the new environment.
Tip: When you create an environment, make sure to integrate in the same way you integrate the main Space. For detailed instructions, refer to Integrating Pages.
The following video demonstrates creating an environment.
Click Enter to go into the new environment. To return to your main environment, select the main space from the top left sidebar or go to the Account Settings Environments tab and click Enter.
After you've set up environments, be sure to read Using Environments to learn how to leverage the available features.
Looking to hire a 3rd party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.