Adding and Removing Locales
Localization, or delivering content based on location settings, requires locales; that is, signifiers that indicate language, specific formatting, or content unique to that locale.
This document shows you how to add and remove locales in Account Settings.
Examples of locales
Before you can use localization, you need to add locales to Builder so your app can deliver the right content to the right audience. Examples of locales include:
ar-sa: Arabic, Saudi Arabia
fr-ca: French, Canadian
en-nz: English, New Zealand
zh-hk: Chinese, Hong Kong
- Many more locale codes with standard as well as region-specific codes.
👉 Tip: If you're localizing individual text blocks in the Visual Editor, you can add locales while at the block. To remove locales, continue reading below.
Adding locales in Account Settings
- In Account Settings, click the pencil icon to the right of Custom targeting attributes.
- Click the + New Target Attribute button.
- In the Name field, enter
locale. Type remains the default of
- Toggle Enum to the on position.
- In the Enum Values field, type each locale followed by pressing Return or Enter.
- Click the Save button.
To remove specific locales, click on the "x" on each individual locale. To remove all locales, click the "x" for the
locale section. Removing locales removes the associated content.
Need Expert help?
Submit a project to our partners, BuildQuick, and be matched with a Builder expert.