You can expand on Builder's selection of built-in blocks by registering components from your codebase with Builder. Then, teammates can drag and drop your components within Builder's Visual Editor just like any other block.
You can use components you code yourself or third-party components with Builder.
Custom components are ideal when you want to accomplish goals such as:
- Adding unique functionality to your site for special use cases
- Systematizing design and content patterns
- Standardizing your design system with custom components-only mode, which makes only your custom components available for use in the Visual Editor
- Customizing blocks
- Overriding built-in blocks
Using your custom components in Builder's Visual Editor is a minimal process:
- Step 1: Register Custom Components with Builder, which requires minimal code setup.
- Step 2: Use your component in the Visual Editor by dragging and dropping your component like any other block and customizing it in the Visual Editor.
After you've set up custom components in Builder you can customize your team's experience even further by:
Using Builder Blocks in Custom Components
Overriding Built-in Components
To get started using your custom components in Builder, head over to Registering Custom Components with Builder.
Looking to hire a 3rd party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.