Getting Started with Builder: Step 2
This step builds upon the first video in this series, Getting Started with Builder, where you learn how to create a hero image.
There are some assumptions in the video narrative that you've completed the previous video, but the next section of the page you're creating stands on its own and if you are comfortable with the basics in Builder, you could jump in here–just make sure you have a Builder account and a page ready to work in.
This section of the Getting Started shows you how to do the following:
- Create a horizontal row of images
- Add and edit copy for each image
- Style the copy font, spacing, and color
Creating a row of images
This video demonstrates the whole process. Below the video is a list of the steps. Each section also has a quick video below it to isolate the required steps.
Add columns and photos
Adding columns with photos is easy, as you can see in the video above. Here are the steps:
- Drag the Columns block onto the editor where you'd like them to appear.
- Click on the Layers tab and Columns to be sure you've selected your columns.
- Choose Edit and then add more columns by clicking +Column for as many columns as you'd like.
- Click the middle of a column to select the inside Image block. Click Edit and then Choose Photo. Do this for each column.
Add text under photo headers
The Columns block comes with an Image block and a Text block below it for each column. You can add more lines of text below. Here's how:
- From the Insert tab, drag a Text block under the existing text. Be sure to watch for the short blue underline indicating you're inside a column. Do this for each column. If you prefer, you can click Duplicate from the Text block dropdown menu under which you want to add more text.
- Go back and style the headings and text by clicking on each, adjusting their font size and margins. The long video at the top of this page presents some more tricks.
The final section in the main video simply adds three columns below the five already created. The steps are the same:
- Drag the Columns block
- Add another column to make three
- Add photos
- Add more lines of text below, this time using Duplicate to copy the existing Text block
- Style the text
Now that you've created a foundational web design pattern–a horizontal row of images–head over to the next step to learn how to make the next section of the page:
Need Expert help?
Submit a project to our partners, BuildQuick, and be matched with a Builder expert.