Tracking Custom Events
You can track custom events to evaluate your content's performance. For example, you can:
- measure A/B test performance by custom events, such as add-to-cart rates or average order value
- break down impressions and conversions by product views or orders
- build completely custom dashboards associated with Builder content and sessions
Custom events can have any name.
Accessing custom events in the overview dashboard
To display metrics for your custom events on the overview dashboard, take the following steps from the content entry where you use your custom event:
- Navigate to the Insights tab.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose Customize Metrics.
- Select Manage Custom Events.
- Add a new event to start tracking your custom event on the dashboard.
5. Enter the Event Name, matching the string supplied to
6. Add a Display Name to label your custom metric on the dashboard.
7. Optionally add a Description for the event.
8. Click Submit and make sure the new event is checked to start tracking.
For more information, refer to Viewing metrics from the Insights tab.
Accessing custom events from SQL
You can incorporate custom events into your custom dashboards by modifying your dashboards' SQL queries. For more information, see Programming custom dashboards.
Need Expert help?
Reach out to us, and we will match you with a Builder expert.