Viewing Metrics from the Insights Tab
You can view each page's metrics, such as engagement and conversion, using the insights tab in the Visual Editor.
The insights tab has an overview dashboard for each page that displays built-in and custom event metrics, as well. You can also create your own dashboards that are fully-customizable using SQL. Finally, you can visualize clicks/taps and conversions using the heatmap.
Using Builder's analytics tools can help your team learn how users interact with your content and how to iterate on your site's design to increase engagement and conversion.
Your overview dashboard
Navigate to the Insights tab by selecting Insights near the top of the Visual Editor.
The Insights tab displays your overview dashboard by default. The dashboard features the following data:
- Metrics table and charts: you can view your page's built-in metrics including data such as impressions, clicks, conversions, and any of your custom event metrics.
- Time range: you can adjust the time period of the data displayed by the overview dashboard.
- Download CSV and customize metrics: click the three-dots button to download an overview dashboard data in CSV format. You can also customize displayed metrics using built-in events such as clicks or your own custom events.
Visualizing clicks, taps, and conversions using the heatmap
All of your pages have a heatmap for visualizing your users' clicks and taps. The heatmap also correlates page interactions with conversions.
To get started, select View heatmap from the Insights tab.
The heatmap's features are as follows:
- Heatmap options: you can control the relative intensity and size of your map's hot spots using the sensitivity slider. Set a date range for input data and toggle whether to display conversion data.
- Hot spots: these multicolored areas show user clicks and taps. Blue and green indicate areas with less user interaction while yellow, orange, and red indicate areas with more user interaction.
- Section overlays: hovering over a content section brings up an overlay that displays the number of clicks, click-through rate, and conversion value for that section.
Creating a custom dashboard
Enterprise plans only
Enterprise customers can create their own fully-customizable dashboards. Developers can also modify these dashboards using custom SQL queries.
For more information, see Building custom dashboards.