You can view metrics, such as engagement and conversion for Pages and Sections, using the Insights tab in the Visual Editor.
The Insights tab dashboard displays built-in as well as custom event metrics. Finally, you can visualize clicks, taps, and conversions using the heatmap.
Navigate to the Insights tab by selecting Insights near the top of the Visual Editor.
The Insights tab displays the dashboard and features the following data:
- Metrics table and charts: view built-in metrics including data such as impressions, clicks, conversions, and any of your custom event metrics.
- Time range: specify the time period of the data displayed by the overview dashboard.
- Download CSV and customize metrics: click the three-dots button to download an overview dashboard data in CSV format. You can also customize displayed metrics using built-in events such as clicks or your own custom events.
The image below is an example default Insights dashboard.
All of your pages have a heatmap for visualizing your users' clicks and taps. The heatmap also correlates page interactions with conversions.
To get started, select View heatmap from the Insights tab.
The heatmap's features are as follows:
- Heatmap options: you can control the relative intensity and size of your map's hot spots using the sensitivity slider. Set a date range for input data and toggle whether to display conversion data.
- Hot spots: these multicolored areas show user clicks and taps. Blue and green indicate areas with less user interaction while yellow, orange, and red indicate areas with more user interaction.
- Section overlays: hovering over a content section brings up an overlay that displays the number of clicks, click-through rate, and conversion value for that section.
Enterprise customers can create their own fully-customizable dashboards. Developers can also modify these dashboards using custom SQL queries.
For more information, see Building custom dashboards.
Looking to hire a third party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.