Commerce.js E-commerce Plugin
You can use your Commerce.js products and categories within Builder with the Commerce.js e-commerce plugin.
The plugin provides custom types that can be used to:
- Provide products and categories as inputs for your custom code components.
- Target content based on products or categories instead of URL paths with hard-coded resource handles or IDs.
- Preview products and categories on product detail pages and inside of other content while editing.
For a general overview of what you can do with e-commerce plugins and where they fit into your site, you can check out E-commerce Plugins for Builder.
Setup within Commerce.js/Chec
In order to enable the plugin to communicate with Commerce.js, you can copy a preexisting public key from within your Chec account's dashboard or create a new one. This step will provide you with the information needed to complete the plugin setup below.
For more information, check out Commerce.js's Getting Started guide.
Setup within Builder
You can install the plugin from the Integrations page by clicking Enable on the Commerce.js plugin entry.
Afterwards, click Settings to configure the plugin with your Commerce.js account information.
Completing the plugin's setup requires your Chec account's public key.
For more information, check out Setting Up E-commerce Plugins.
The Commerce.js plugin provides eight custom types:
- Commerce.js Product, referred to as
- Commerce.js Product Preview (
- Commerce.js Product Handle (
- Commerce.js Products List (
- Commerce.js Category (
- Commerce.js Category Preview (
- Commerce.js Category Handle (
- Commerce.js Categories List (
Please refer to E-commerce Custom Types for details on the shape of each type's values.
For more information on how to use the Commerce.js plugin, please refer to our e-commerce plugin docs:
Check out the Builder GitHub repo for the plugin's source as well as instructions on how to modify or develop it.