How to Create a Page
This video is an introduction to creating a blank page, dragging in a template, previewing, and publishing. Perfect if youʻre new to Builder.
Skill set: Basic
Area: UI only
Length: < 1 minute
To get the most out of this tutorial, you should have the following:
- You'll need a Builder account.
- An evergreen browser; that is, a modern, up-to-date browser such as Google Chrome.
Creating a page
- Go to the Content section of Builder.
- Click + New and select Page.
- Name the page; for example, About. Builder auto generates a URL based on the name you provide, but you can customize the URL if you like.
- Choose a template or use the blank template and create a page from scratch.
- When your page is ready, click the Publish button.
- To view your page, click the eyeball icon next to the Publish button and choose View current draft or View live page. If View Live Page isn't clickable, be sure that you've published.
The following video demonstrates creating and publishing a Page:
Extra: Page models, or how Builder defines Pages
Builder comes with a built-in Page model for you to use. The Page model is what defines a Page. When you create a Page content entry, as this tutorial shows, Builder uses the Page model to determine the characteristics the Page content entry.
The default Page comes with a Title and Description field. If you need to edit the default Page model or create additional models, check out Getting Started with Models in Builder. Working with models is an ideal way for developers to define content paradigms that all team members can use.
To get the most out of Builder Pages, start by Integrating Pages with your codebase. In this way, the developer can focus on the code while non-coding team members have the freedom to create and edit as many Pages as they like.
Need Expert help?
Submit a project to our partners, BuildQuick, and be matched with a Builder expert.