In the Builder Visual Editor, you can configure individual blocks to deliver content specific to language and region preferences.
For example, if you wanted to differentiate copy or images for a visitor in Germany or a visitor in Mexico, you could adjust a few settings on the block and add locale-specific content in the block's localization settings.
You can individually localize many blocks, including the following, in the Visual Editor:
- Symbol inputs
The process is the same for each in that you hover over the label in the Edit dialogue to show the Localize icon, click the icon, and add content to each locale.
To successfully use localization in Builder, make sure you've already done the following:
The last part of setting up localization is to integrate. For instructions, continue to Integrating Builder Localization with your code.
- Double click the block to open the Edit dialogue.
- Hover over the label of the block; for example, the label Text in a Text edit dialogue, and click the Localize icon.
- In the locale dropdown, choose the locale you'd like to edit. As a best practice, always set a value for the Default locale in case none of the other locales are in the user's settings.
- Enter content per locale.
The following video demonstrates adding localized content with two examples:
- A Text block
- An Image block
This video also shows how to select the locale for the entire content entry, which you can do by selecting the local at the top of the work area.
Tip: If you don't have any locales, click the link to Add a new locale, which displays when you hover over the locales dropdown. You can also add multiple locales in a single dialogue as outlined in Adding locales in Account settings.
To remove localization from a selected block:
- Open the Edit dialogue for the block. Do this by double-clicking the block or selecting the block and clicking the Edit button.
- This step removes the localized content. Hover over the dialogue label and click on the Localize icon.
By toggling off localization for a block, the localization dropdown no longer displays, and the content is removed. The following video demonstrates this process.
Looking to hire a third party to help with your project?
Submit a project request and our partnerships team will reach out to connect you with an Expert from our partner ecosystem.