Getting Started with Builder: Step 4
This step builds upon the previous video in this series, Getting Started with Builder: Step 3, where you learn how to create a row of images with copy beneath them.
This section of the Getting Started shows you how to do the following:
- Create full-width Columns that extend to the edge of the browser window
- Use margins and padding to add airy style
- How to create a customer review pullquote
The video for this step in the Getting Started series covers some more CSS tweaks. The following sections and videos break them down into bite-sized chunks. For a good understanding of these CSS properties, make sure to watch the main video.
Adding full-width columns
To achieve the layout in the main video, we need to start with columns that span the full width of the page. Then we'll add an image to one side and remove the image from the other leaving only text.
Here are the steps:
- Drag a Columns block onto the editor.
- With the Columns block selected, go to the Style tab and choose Width->Full Page Width.
- Select the Image in the left column and delete it.
- Add an Image to the right column as you've done before, using the Edit button.
Adjusting padding on the Columns and Text blocks
In the main video, we added a background color on the Columns block, and then added padding where needed. Here are the steps:
- Delete the Text block in the right column.
- Add text to the Text block in the left column and adjust the font size as needed.
- Add a background color for the Columns block by selecting it and changing the background in the Style tab.
- With the left Text block selected, change the right padding to 60px in the Style tab.
- With the Columns block selected, change the top, left, and right padding to 40px. Change the bottom padding to 120px.
Now that you've created a full-width section, head over to the next step to learn how to make the next section of the page: